Ancilliaries , incl. injection system, Cosworth rollerbarrels,
Cosworth Carbon Trumpets with Airfilter, starter motor, alternator
4.748,10 € incl. 19 % VAT3.990,00 € excl. VAT
Surcharge - Engine wiring harness and MBE 9A4 ECU.
1.606,50 € incl. 19 % VAT1.350,00 € excl. VAT
Surcharge for Testing and break-in on Cosworth dyno.
Hot Test, Ready for Race
1.184,05 € incl. 19 % VAT995,00 € excl. VAT
Cosworth has developed and built a 2.4 litre engine (2339ccm) with 280 hp specifically for Westermann Motorsport.
The basis of this engine is the 2.5-litre Ford Duratec engine with 2488ccm displacement, along with a 2.3 litre (2261ccm) crankshaft .
Advantage of 2.4 vs. 2.5 litres:
- lower piston speeds, 94mm to 100mm piston stroke
- significantly lighter crankshaft (a balance shaft is not required)
- no VVC
Thus, we now have a solid, light and high-revving engine in the product range now that the 2.3 litre engines are no longer available.
This engine has been tested by experienced racing drivers extensively on international high-speed GP tracks such as Hockenheim, Monza, Mugello, as well as in 500km endurance races.
There are well-known companiess which offer engines based on a 2.4 litre architecture with 300 - 310 HP. We have deliberately decided against such a concept for a variety of reasons, ultimately deciding to go our own way with a durable circuit and road engine that has somewhat less power on paper, but offers significant advantages for our applications:
- Cosworth is one of the most-known premium manufacturers --> higher resale value
- Cosworth has many proven years developing Duratec engines
- Attractive pricing
- No need to change differential ratios
- Longer intervals between rebuilds - i.e. lower operating costs
- Crankshafts from the 2.3 litre (Caterham CSR 200 and CSR 260) or ARROW 2.3 can be used
- Forged con rods from the Cosworth 2.3 litre
- Caterham compatible dry sump and cooling system (existing systems can be adopted)
- Flywheel, clutch and bellhousing are taken from Duratec base models (original Caterham parts)
- Camshafts and valve train from the 280 hp 2.3 Cosworth
- Compatible with Caterham or Cosworth roller barrel injection systems
- Fuel system and wiring harness from the Caterham R 300/400/500, C 400, CSR 260
- Exhaust system R 300/400/500, C 400, 420R, CSR 260 + 2.3 Cosworth with 280 hp
- Ready to Race engine mapping is supplied by Cosworth / WESMO. No further rolling road setup necessary.
- Hot test and break-in on a Cosworth dyno optionally possible.
- Engine setup to 95 octane fuel.
- Guaranteed spare parts supply through Westermann Motorsport
- Use in class 1 at the SMRC or Magnificant Seven Series with many drivers in each class.
- Affordable upgrade of a R 300/400/500, 420R, C400, CSR 260
- Cylinder head can be taken from the 2.0 or 2.3 (price reduction with a donor/core engine)